Thursday, January 1, 2009

Becoming Grown

Hey guys. I know you haven't seen me in a while but I've been busy lately with school, getting these grades in and what have you.

SO IT'S 2009!!!!!


When the clock struck 12, I did something I never did before in the tradition. I cried. I thought I was crying for being alone on that night, or because the challenge my best friend and I will have to go through in this next year, or because I wasn't out with SOMEONE partying like the rest of the friends that matter that I know, or even because I was miserable. But then when I was done crying I realized the REAL reason I was crying. I was washing away all the pain and all the trauma I went through this last year. Believe me, I went through about as much a weaker 17-year old girl would go insane under. I am actually very fortunate for my friends that give me much of strength, and ironically I'm thanking my mother for berating me to the point that I really don't give a shit about what anyone little cunt and/or prick says to me at Athens.....nothing can beat how my mother can shoot off. This year I will be 18. Now, 18 doesn't mean that you are grown. It just means that you have the legal right to leave your parents house. Being grown is when you finally accept responsibility for things. To be honest, I am not there yet. But, fear not, I am heading in that direction. For some odd reason, I feel that I have renewed strength, like something went away and now I feel lighter. Eh, I'll figure it out later.

But for now, I'll enjoy the last 5 months of my teenage life, and welcome May 26th, 2009, when I cross the threshold. I'm certain that one part of me will change for the better by then! :)

I'll just have to keep on praying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know, you're still a teenager at 18. eight-teen. And still at 19. You're a teen until 20.

Don't thank your mother...thank yourself. You became strong because you made yourself that way, not because she's a bitch. You decided at some point "WTF does it matter what these idiots think" and your mother had nothing to do with it.

This year will be wonderful. There's no doubt about that.